You are not alone. Every day thousands of people across North America turn to 2-1-1 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information service that connects people from all communities and of all ages to a specialist who will help you find local health and human services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2-1-1 is available throughout the U.S. and in many parts of Canada by phone, text, and web. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can help you find services and resources that are available to you locally and provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives. You’ll find information about:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
2-1-1 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help.
About United Way Worldwide
United Way Worldwide, the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways, serves as a pillar of support for 2-1-1. United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability, and healthy lives, and 2-1-1 provides the connection to local, on-the-ground services that help achieve that goal. The 2-1-1 team at United Way Worldwide can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.