As we, our partners, and our neighbors respond to and recover from recent tragic events, we have collected resources that may help you and your loved ones access services locally and across the country, which you can find on this page or by calling your local 2-1-1.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
If you are looking for updates and resources related to Hurricane Michael, text MICHAEL to 898-211 to subscribe.
Financial assistance is available to affected individuals in through the FEMA Disaster Assistance program. Additional counties may be added later. If you are in one of these counties, you will need your social security number, phone number, current mailing address, zip code of your damaged property, and any insurance information. Apply or check your status at www.disasterassistance.gov.
Airbnb has activated Open Homes-- if you evacuated because of Hurricane Michael and need free temporary space, you can search for a free home HERE.
For prescription assistance, all pharmacies in Florida and impacted counties in Georgia are authorized to provide a refill without a new prescription from your doctor. Regular prescription fees apply.
If you need fuel, the GasBuddy app has real-time data about fuel availability and shortages. Download the app or visit the site to receive a text with a link to download.
- For food distribution in Florida and other local information, CLICK HERE.
- Open Shelters in Florida are listed HERE.
- Boil Water advisories are in effect for several impacted counties in Florida. Check the status of your county here.
- If you or someone you love needs urgent assistance because they are trapped, out of vital medical supplies like oxygen, or may be missing, complete the Florida state Life Safety Report here.
- For food distribution in Georgia and other local information, CLICK HERE.
- Open Shelters in Georgia and other states are on the American Red Cross site HERE.
- An FAQ about food replacement for food stamp recipients is available HERE.
- If you are in SW Georgia, 211 may not be available because of power outages. You can call the Atlanta 2-1-1 for assistance using their local number: 404-614-1000 or text 30301 to 898-211.
To speak with a specialist in your area, simply dial 211 from your cell phone or landline.
For assistance recovering from Hurricane Florence in North Carolina, contact NC211 by simply dialing 211 from within North Carolina or call 888-892-1162 to talk to someone today.
To Donate or Volunteer to Help Victims of Hurricane Michael or Florence
Thank you for your generosity. Recovering from these devastating disasters will be made easier by people like you. There are several options to help people impacted by Hurricane Michael. The best way to help is to donate money, if you can:
- The State of Florida has set up an official fund to support victims and communities.
- United Way is raising money for all United Ways serving impacted communities in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, and elsewhere to aid in recovery. Learn more on UnitedWay.org and support Hurricane Michael and/or Hurricane Florence efforts.
- The Red Cross is operating shelters and supporting other relief operations and can be supported at RedCross.org.
- The Salvation Army is operating mobile feeding units and kitchens across impacted communities and can be supported on the Salvation Army Hurricane Michael page.
- Team Rubicon specializes in engaging veterans to help communities clean-up and rebuild after disasters. Learn more and donate on the Team Rubicon website.
To volunteer, please visit www.nvoad.org to sign up and find opportunities in your local community.
Find Local Information at Any Time
Call 2-1-1 from any landline or cell phone to talk to a specialist near you for help related to natural disasters or everyday needs. You can also locate the closest 2-1-1 provider by searching your zip code or city and state on this website.
Find Emotional Support through the National Disaster Distress Helpline
If you or a loved one is having a difficult time coping with recent disasters emotionally or mentally, the Disaster Distress Hotline is available 24/7 and in many languages. Individuals can call the helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. If you speak Spanish, you can access the helpline at the same number or by texting Hablanos to 66746 or, if in Puerto Rico, to 1-212-461-4635. This helpline is staffed by trained crisis counselors.